We're on the look out for our next creative, team player. Job description below, deadline 26th April.
Full time - 35 hours per week
£24,000 - £27,000 based on experience
Based in Gateshead, UK
FIRST is a learning and development agency, empowering enterprise skills in collaboration with government, education and community organisations. Our accredited courses, workshops and events inspire courage, self-belief and motivation, giving learners equitable opportunities to progress into meaningful education, decent work or resilient self-employment.
Facilitating inclusive, economic growth, FIRST challenges the status quo by innovating and improving the quality of entry level teaching and learning within enterprise and entrepreneurship. Last year our work contributed 16 million in social return on investment for the North East economy, whilst improving the quality of life for 547 learners in some of the most under-resourced communities in the UK.
Based in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear UK and established in 2014, the team of 6 are seeking a new team member to lead on all company communications, reporting to the Operations Director.
The FIRST team takes pride in our fun, supportive and innovative approach to project design, delivery and evaluation. We are an optimistic and professional team of creative thinkers with the shared desire to disrupt the skills market to better suit people, the planet and our economy.
At FIRST, we believe that enterprise skills are the keys to personal and economic growth and that learning doesn’t just happen in the classroom. Our motivation for our work comes from encouraging, developing and connecting early stage founders, jobseekers, students, graduates and professionals to their wider communities so that jobs and businesses are created.
Flexible working hours, annual growth review, clear progression route, personal development budget, working from home options, support into a trusteeship/governance role with paid time off to carry out these extra-curricular community duties. Extended holidays after 2 years of service and a day off when your birthday falls on a week day!
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills at a high level of excellence:
- Creative and report copywriting
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail & proof reading
- Communication, interpersonal and oral skills
- Relationship management
- Stress tolerance
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Multi-tasking in a target driven environment.
The ideal candidate must have the following experience:
- 2-3 years of experience in communication or public relations, preferably in a training or education setting.
- Experience in content creation for various channels such as social media, email newsletters, website, brochures, and other marketing materials.
- Experience in managing social media accounts and engaging with followers on various platforms.
- Familiarity with media relations and event planning
Overall job role
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for executing effective communication plans to promote the organisation, its products and services, building strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Create and execute communication plans, promoting FIRST, its products and services to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop content for various communication channels such as social media, email newsletters, website, brochures, and other marketing materials.
- Collaborate with various departments within FIRST to ensure that all communication materials are consistent and reflect the brand.
- Manage FIRST's social media accounts and engage with followers on various platforms.
- Respond to inquiries from the public, clients and stakeholders, and provide them with accurate information about FIRST's products and services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the media and provide them with timely and accurate information about FIRST's activities and events.
- Organise and coordinate events such as open houses, award shows, and conferences.
- Monitor and analyse the effectiveness of communication strategies and make necessary adjustments to improve results.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies related to communication.
- Work with the delivery team to develop content, tools and methods to engage partners, stakeholders and project participants to promote the uptake of project opportunities.
- Maintain high quality relationships with stakeholders and clients to ensure participant and partner needs are accurately assessed and met (for example, understanding what makes project outputs relevant, valuable and accessible to audiences).
- Manage all client facing events, utilising the delivery team and external services to provide technical and delivery support.
- Create in-house infographics and other high-quality content and as necessary, commission and project manage external agencies to produce high quality content.
Deadline for applications is: 5pm on Wednesday 26th April 2023.
Alongside your CV, please ensure you attach a cover letter that includes:
- examples/evidence of your work
- why your skills and experience are suitable for the role
- why you would like to work for FIRST
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered for this role.
Please submit a covering letter and your CV to: email@example.com