Marketing and Impact Manager £26,000 – £30,000 12 month contract
FIRST is an accredited learning and development agency specialising in leadership and progression skills for young people, early stage founders and professionals. Based in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear UK and established in 2014, the team of 5 (2 directors and 3 operational staff) are seeking a permanent Marketing and Impact Manager to lead on all company communications, reporting to the directors and advisory board.
The FIRST team takes pride in our fun, supportive and innovative approach to project design, delivery and evaluation. We are a positive and professional team of creative thinkers with the shared desire to do the right thing and produce meaningful project outcomes for our participants either from the education, community or business sector.
At FIRST, we believe that developing leadership and progression skills are the keys to personal and economic growth and that learning doesn’t just happen in the classroom. Our motivation for our work comes from encouraging, developing and connecting early stage founders, young people and professionals to their wider communities so that jobs and businesses are created.
Flexible working hours, annual growth review, clear progression route, personal development budget, working from home options, support into a trusteeship/governance role with paid time off to carry out these extra-curricular community duties.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills at a high level of excellence:
- Creative and report copywriting
- Digital marketing
- Attention to detail & proof reading
- Communication, interpersonal and oral skills
- Relationship management
- Stress tolerance
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Planning and organising
- Multi-tasking in a target driven environment
The ideal candidate must have the following experience:
- 2 years+ of management role
- 2 years+ of managing events, campaigns and launches
- 2 years+ project/contract management
Overall job role
Working closely with the delivery team and directors you will be responsible for all of FIRST’s communications, ensuring key messages and opportunities are shared with stakeholders, clients and participants. You will develop the business, provide project support and evaluate all activities to ensure they are relevant, meaningful and add value for all clients and participants. Alongside the Operations Manager and Managing Director, you will form part of the senior team, managing client relationships and supporting delivery staff to produce positive outcomes for participants and partners. Whilst initially a fixed term contract, for the right candidate we would hope to offer a permanent position for the role after 12 months (if not before).
- Represent projects at key internal and external meetings and networking opportunities, presenting information as required.
- Proactively identify external opportunities for projects working with the managing director and team to best engage stakeholders, clients and participants.
- Develop and refine strategy, activity plan and media plan, for all projects in close cooperation with the Operations Manager and Managing Director.
- Work with the delivery team to develop content, tools and methods to engage partners, stakeholders and project participants to promote the uptake of project opportunities.
- Ensure that the marketing strategy is operationalised and implemented to achieve project and partner objectives and outcome statements, and to monitor and evaluate progress in close cooperation with the Operations Manager.
- Maintain high quality relationships with stakeholders and clients to ensure participant and partner needs are accurately assessed and met (for example, understanding what makes project outputs relevant, valuable and accessible to audiences).
- Take the lead to identify and produce all written content companywide and for projects including but not limited to the development of online material via the newsletter, website and social media as well as promotional literature such as press releases, articles and blogs.
- Manage all client facing events, utilising the delivery team and external services to provide technical and delivery support.
- Create in-house infographics and other high-quality content and as necessary, commission and project manage external agencies to produce high quality content.
Impact and Evaluation
- Develop internal monitoring processes to ensure delivery team can accurately and effectively collect data for impact and evaluation reporting.
- Produce companywide and project impact reports for board meetings, external stakeholders and clients.
- Provide evidence, case studies and impact data to support new income generation activities.
- Instil FIRST’s company culture across the organisation and quality control all company communications, ensuring delivery team are on brand, tone and message.
Deadline for applications is: 12pm on Friday 9th of October 2020. Please submit a covering letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org