FIRST, Skillsfirst Awards and Sage UK are working in partnership as the first North East based provider to deliver a suite of computerised accounting and payroll qualifications. This level 1 qualification provides you with an introduction to computerised accounting software, bookkeeping and banking procedures. Upon registration, a study pack is available to every learner that lives in an eligible area, this includes:
- Access to comprehensive, interactive online learning support materials
- A FREE copy of the latest Sage 50 Accounts Professional or Payroll software (for six months)
- Access to expert support
- Related simulations to practice as you need them
- Valuable skills to control your business
- Hard copy learner workbooks if required (at an additional cost through Sage)
The course has 4 modules and focuses on an introduction to:
- Processing data
- Bank procedures
- Computerised software
Once you have achieved this qualification you could go on to be employed within accounting or you may own your own business and wish to do the accounts yourself!
This qualification does not require you to have any prior qualifications or levels of prior learning. You must live in Newcastle, Northumberland, Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham or North Tyneside to qualify for this qualification free of charge.
On completion of this qualification you could progress onto any of the following:
- Level 1 Award in Understanding Enterprise
- Level 2 Certificate in Computerised Accounting for Business
This qualification is supported nationwide by employers across every sector.
- Opportunity to develop relationships with local employers in the sectors/roles you are interested in
- Access to a network of 5000+ employers across the North East
- Opportunity to meet like-minded individuals to drive you & your ideas forward with other FIRST courses and opportunities
- Connections to role models – meeting local entrepreneurs who can share their successes as well as their failures and how they’ve overcome them
- A substantial aftercare package and an ‘open door’ policy of support from FIRST
To find out more, contact us using the form below and be sure to mention "Accounting qualification" in the text.