PARTICIPATION AND ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR £22,000 to £26,000 - based on experience PERMANENT - after successful completion of 3 month probation
FIRST is an accredited learning and development agency with a focus on leadership and progression skills for startups, young people and professionals. Based in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear UK and established in 2014, the team of 5 (2 directors and 3 operational staff) are seeking a participation and engagement coordinator to establish and work with project partners and referrers to recruit, enrol and engage participants onto FIRST’s programmes and activities.
The FIRST team takes pride in our fun, supportive and innovative approach to project design, delivery and evaluation. We are a positive and professional team of creative thinkers with the shared desire to do the right thing and produce meaningful project outcomes for our participants either from the education, community or business sector.
At FIRST, we believe that developing leadership and progression skills are the keys to personal and economic growth and that learning doesn’t just happen in the classroom. Our motivation for our work comes from encouraging, developing and connecting early stage founders, young people and professionals to their wider communities so that jobs and businesses are created.
Flexible working hours, annual growth review, clear progression route, personal development budget, working from home options, support into a trusteeship/governance role with paid time off to carry out these extra-curricular community duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to engage partner referrers and programme learners
- Business networking and converting conversations into outcomes
- Multitasking and collaborative team player
- Relationship management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and social media platforms
- Ability to work under pressure
- 2+ years in a face to face and digital recruitment or sales role
- 2+ years working with business and/or community organisations to generate interest in services
- Knowledge/experience of the North East business ecosystem and how to start a business
Overall job role
PROJECT WORK - 80%
You will be responsible for the recruitment, engagement and after care support of participants, learners and businesses across the full range of programmes FIRST offer. Your role will include some elements of programme delivery support within the education and business programmes and will involve working closely with external associates and agencies.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Be the recruitment and engagement lead for all FIRST programmes
- Identify referral routes for all FIRST programmes.
- Establish, maintain and develop ongoing relationships with key contacts of referral routes.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Impact Manager to develop content and key messages to reach participants and learners (recruitment)
- Utilise marketing materials to engage referrers and participants onto FIRST programmes
- Engage and extend the referral routes into FIRST programmes
- Develop an engagement plan for all programmes with support of the Operations Manager
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures to ensure project deadlines are met
- Organising, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings as required
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Provide post-course transition and next steps support for participants and learners across all FIRST programmes including signposting to further internal and external opportunities.
- Record all learnings, outcomes & feedback for participants/learners for impact reports as requested by the Marketing and Impact Manager (Progression)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT -5%
Whilst recruiting and working with referral partners you will be responsible for generating leads for the MD/Marketing manager to explore further opportunities including award sponsorship and further partnership working.
PROGRAMME SUPPORT –15%
Your role will need to be flexible to support pinch points within programme delivery. This will include admin, staff and participant management as directed as and when by the operations manager.
Deadline for applications is: Monday 22nd February 2021. Please submit a covering letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org