If you are unemployed and need to get a job or want to explore self-employment then the Skills to Start Programme is for YOU.
Skills to Start provides you with a short course and 1-1 support designed to give you the skills and knowledge to get a job that drives your passion and ambition, explore how to become self-employed or look into entrepreneurship opportunities.
To access the programme you need to be:
- Aged over 24
- Be registered as inactive or unemployed
- Live within the North or South Durham CLLD area
- Have the right to work in the UK
Who is the course for?
This programme is designed to help those who are registered as UNEMPLOYED into employment, including self employment, education or further training to get you a job that inspires you and suits your skills.
FIRST will support you and liaise with your Work Coach to ensure that you get the support you need to move into employment; whether that is to increase you confidence, develop your skill or access you directly to employers with vacancies.
What does the course cover?
The course is tailored to suit YOU.
You will work towards a Level 1 Award in Passport to Enterprise and Employment accredited by SFEDI.
The core modules are around:
- Personal development
All elements of the course are designed to help you explore opportunities and ideas, identify your skills and put your plans into action.
Modules you can choose include:
- Developing an Enterprising Character
- Resilience and Grit
- Working with others
- Becoming work ready
- Running a business from home
AS WELL AS THE COURSE YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE:
- An identified project worker who provides 1-1 support to help you through the course and into employment
- Access to signposting to FREE self-employment support
- Access to employers with local employment vacancies