Learning and Development coordinator £22,000 – £26,000 (based on experience) Permanent, full time contract
FIRST is an accredited learning and development agency specialising in leadership and progression skills for young people, early stage founders and professionals. Based in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear UK and established in 2014, the team of 6 (2 directors and 4 operational staff) are seeking a learning and development coordinator to support all of FIRST's education contracts and learners.
The FIRST team takes pride in our fun, supportive and innovative approach to project design, delivery and evaluation. We are a positive and professional team of creative thinkers with the shared desire to do the right thing and produce meaningful project outcomes for our participants and learners either from the education, community or business sector.
At FIRST, we believe that developing leadership and progression skills are the keys to personal and economic growth and that learning doesn’t just happen in the classroom. Our motivation for our work comes from encouraging, developing and connecting early stage founders, young people and professionals to their wider communities so that jobs and businesses are created.
Flexible working hours, annual growth review, clear progression route, personal development budget, working from home options, support into a trusteeship/governance role with paid time off to carry out these extra-curricular community duties.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills at a high level of excellence:
- Communication, interpersonal and oral skills
- Relationship management
- Stress tolerance
- Planning and organising
- Multi-tasking in a target driven environment
The ideal candidate must have the following experience:
- 2 years+ within an education or training setting
- 2 years+ of developing and delivering educational activities
- 2 years+ project delivery
Overall job role
The learning and development coordinator will have responsibility for the coordination/administration of FIRST’s education activities and projects. Directed by the operations manager, responsibilities will also include ensuring the development and maintenance of robust learning management systems and processes. These will include managing learner induction, training administration, performance development scheme arrangements, assessment, supporting the provision of management information and quality checks.
The role is the first point of contact for learners once on programme and is responsible for all related administration, ensuring a meaningful and supportive learning environment for every learner.
Day to day contract delivery:
- Manage and maintain data input for contracts in line with profile timeframes.
- Ensure contracts remain on profile.
- Attend contract meetings and undertake all relevant training/actions.
- Liaise and communicate with Prime Contractor leads, as necessary.
- Monitor and manage day to day contract changes.
- Ensure all paperwork relevant to learning programmes is completed and meets Prime Contractor quality processes.
- Once face to face learning is permitted, arranging hospitality, printing resources, room bookings and equipment for participants attending workshops and events.
- Responsibility for monitoring and evaluating learning and organisation development activities, producing accurate and up-to-date data analysis.
Associates and other staff:
- Work with Engagement and Participation Coordinator to support learners onto programmes and with progression opportunities.
- Manage associates in relation to timetables, course content and delivery.
- Liaise with external staff to support the contracted learning programmes, as necessary.
- Review qualification and undertake action plan in line with FIRST Qualification Improvement Plan.
- Work with/manage pastoral support staff to ensure effective provision for learners to achieve qualifications.
- Undertake assessment of learner files and all relevant assessment reports – provide -1 1 learner feedback and 1-1 post course assessment support as necessary.
- Provide pastoral support throughout programme delivery, as necessary.
- Undertake some delivery aspects in relation to assessment role.
- Be responsible for the registration and certification of qualifications.
- Be part of quality improvement systems and lead on quality improvement action plan implementation for all contracted learning programmes.
- Input into Ofsted plans and Operational Improvement plans in relation to learning programmes.
- Undertake relevant training include teaching and assessment qualifications.
- Remain up to date with guidance related to education, training and learning relevant to FIRST programme and offer.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter. Deadline for applicants: 5th April 2021